- If you have too much anxiety, stay away from the news and reading posts.
- Read and surround yourself with information that is uplifting.
- Find ‘grounders’ amidst all the electric energy, this could be a person, place, object, activity, quote or mantra.
- Think of what you have control over.
- Create a temporary new routine / ritual to help you feel safe.
- Continue to prioritise your physical, mental, social and emotional well-being through routines and practices.
- Take deep belly breaths (in through nose 3 seconds and out through mouth 5-7). Longer out breath stimulates parasympathetic nervous system which are brakes to slow down anxiety.
- This too shall pass.
- Remember that so many others may be suffering even more than you. How can you stay grounded so you can ground others and be a reducer, not a producer of the viral anxiety and panic?
Think before you post or speak – will this create calm or chaos.