‘As effective as face to face Counselling’
Important Covid-19 Update about my Counselling Services: I am 100% committed to supporting both new and existing clients during this current crisis. I am conducting sessions remotely, by telephone or secure video online.
Does telephone/online counselling work?
I have always offered telephone and video counselling as an alternative to face to face and find that it works very well. During the current Covid 19 health crisis, it may well become the ONLY way we can safely support our clients.
- Research has shown that it has the same success rate as traditional face to face counselling
- It is available to everyone in all areas of Ireland, by making one simple phone call.
- It’s ideal if you are housebound for any reason e.g. disability, caring for small children/elderly parents, and have no support system to allow you spend time away from home.
- It’s highly flexible and can be accessed from your home, car or office, therefore maximising your privacy.
- If you live in a rural area, online counselling removes the geographical barrier which may exist – or save a long drive to the nearest town.
- It is especially suitable for clients who may experience mobility issues.
- I adhere to the same Code of Ethics for telephone and online counselling and psychotherapy as traditional counselling.
- The same levels of confidentiality occur within both traditional and online counselling.
- I am fully accredited with IAHIP, ICP and IACP. (Irish Association of Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy, Irish Council for Pscyotherapy and Irish Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.)
For over 10 years I have been working with people struggling with various challenges, including stress, depression, anxiety, grief and loss, relationships, and life transitions. During challenging times, our experiences can become burdensome, counselling helps to reconnect with strengths and resources, and develop new ones, resulting in life feeling manageable again. Counselling doesn’t make problems disappear, but the therapeutic process reduces the negative impact of challenges and contributes to a sense of hope and possibility.
*I am providing Online / Telephone counselling during the COVID-19 crisis*